The Department of Labor has modified its labor
certifications rules as follows:
1. Substitution of employees in pending
or approved labor certifications will no longer be allowed as of July 16, 2007.
2. Any other amendments of pending labor
certifications will no longer be allowed after July 16, 2007.
3. Employees will no longer be able to
pay the labor certification legal fees (they must be paid by employers) after
July 16, 2007.
4. A labor certification will expire if
an immigrant visa petition (I-140) is not filed within 6 months of approval.
5. There are enhanced penalties for
fraud and lies in labor certification applications.
Click here for the full text of these