Home Contact
Attorney Profile
The HR Manager's Guide
News and Facts
Related Links
Kudos and Accolades
Contact Info




The United States has investor treaties with many countries, including almost all European countries, Asian countries such as the Philippines, Singapore, Japan, and Taiwan, Mexico, and some South American countries.  These treaties enable investors to live in the U.S. to manage a U.S. business or import or export goods to their home countries.  Investors are issued "E Visas".  An E visa is almost as good as a green card.  Spouses of E visa holders can be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S., and many investors are able to remain in the U.S. in E status for the rest of their lives.

Typically, the investor starts a business in the U.S. with an initial investment of at least $150,000.  The business must be at least 50% owned by the E visa holder, and the investor must demonstrate how the investment funds were obtained (e.g., through savings or sale of another business or house).  Often, the first E visa is issued for one year, and can be renewed in five-year increments. 

James A. Bach has handled successful E visa applications for three decades, including recent winning cases at the U.S. Embassies and Consulates in Italy, France, Singapore, Costa Rica, Canada, Belgium, Japan, and the Philippines, among others.  E Visas are available to employees of large multi-national corporations, or individual investors in small businesses such as restaurants, bakeries, import/export, or shops.

Countries With Investor Visa Treaties

E Visa Regulations (Foreign Affairs Manual)



Copyright 2006 Law Offices of James A. Bach All rights reserved

Contact us:
(415) 248-3100